- Ralph Waldo Emerson | #idontwannahearit
1. You don’t have to be rich to travel the world.
2. Listening to Bob Marley makes for a perfect “feel good” moment.
3. Life doesn’t have to be complicated, unless you want it to be.
4. Being in love on a island with very little possessions is way better than being single in a big city with everything.
5. Using what you’ve got to get what you want WORKS!
6. Palm leaves makes for beautiful decor.
7. Danger only follows the fearful, faithless and belligerent.
8. Just when you think life can’t get anymore beautiful, a trip to Paradise happens.
9. The Caribbean dish, “Rundown” is a combination of food they sent someone to “go rundown and get”.
10. All men worldwide are jealous creatures and don’t like to share.
11. You’re one of two things: Clear or Black.
12. “Y entonces” is an interjection.
13. Bed bugs come in all sizes.
14. You can get far by riding a bus.
15. Border crossing is a gangster thing to do.
16. Black women backpackers are unheard of.
17. Latinos LOVE black women.
18. Speaking like the locals makes for a more interesting (and easier) conversation.
19. Throwing toilet paper in the trash instead of in the toilet is the hardest habit to break.
20. There’s an unlimited amount of cervazas in Central America.
21. Rice and beans go a long way.
22. Stray dogs and hungry street kids are picky eaters.
23. Marrying a Nica has more benefits than marrying an American.
24. What you think you really need, you don’t.
25. Hammocks are EVERYTHING!
26. Kids are better spanish teachers.
27. Nicaragua is a wonderful country no matter what the media (or your momma)says.
28. Real men know how to fish, sail a boat, ride a “harse”, build, and get dirty.
29. Less really is more.
30. You haven’t LIVED until you’ve lived abroad.
- * Star Reacher *